Source: A man dies electrocuted in Cardona, in a new accident…
Found on: 2022-07-09 19:08:32
A 33-year-old man has been electrocuted to death. in Cardona while he was doing his workday. The tragic event took place this Saturday afternoon, and it becomes the third fatal occupational accident recorded this week in Catalonia. The victim, who was electricianwas carrying out tasks of his trade on public roads when he received an electric shock that caused his death.
The events occurred at 3:46 p.m. on Avenida del Rastrillo, in the municipality of Cardona. The individual was a worker at the UTE Lymet Melfosur company, according to the NacióDigital media outlet, and was working on public roads hanging from a basket, performing power line maintenance tasks. At a quarter to four, the man has suffered a fatal electric shock, which has caused his death. The Mossos d’Esquadra have confirmed the incident and have opened a investigation to clarify the circumstances of this tragic accident work that has cost the life of a worker.
The SEM paramedics were unable to save his life.
Several Mossos d’Esquadra patrols, as well as an ambulance from the Emergency Medical System have traveled to the point where the worker suffered the accident. Unfortunately, and despite their efforts, the toilets have not been able to save the man’s life. The Mossos agents have proceeded to report the death in the Manresa guard court, as well as in the Department of Business and Labor, complying with the established protocol in cases of fatal occupational accidents.
Third fatal workplace accident of the week
This incident is third workplace accident with fatality recorded in Catalonia in the same week. Last Friday, an operator died in the town of Juncosa (Garrigues) after being trapped by a beam while handling a forklift; A day earlier, on Thursday, another worker was electrocuted after suffering a serious fall on an electrical panel while he was fixing the roof of a supermarket.